ICPA Qld lobby to ensure the delivery of the best possible educational service to students who do not have daily face to face contact with their teacher.
In 2021 the Distance Education portfolio will focus on issues including:
- the introduction of enrolment practices which ensure that geographically isolated students remain a priority at Schools of Distance Education;
- the review of enrolments and infrastructure at Schools of Distance Education across Queensland to ensure adequate facilities for students and teaching staff; and
- the assurance that students of Distance Education are not disadvantaged in any way by the new QCE (Queensland Certificate of Education) system in relation to external exams for their ATAR.
The Qld Department of Education provides distance education services through seven Schools of Distance Education (SDE). These schools were established to provide a schooling service to geographically isolated and other home-based students with limited educational choices.
Additionally, SDE's provide services to enhance learning opportunities by offering wider subject choice for mainstream school students and provide a service for by choice home-based learners and students in a range of alternative education centres.
Qld Schools of Distance Education (SDEs)
Mt Isa School of the Air (MISOTA)
As a family educating your children through Distance Education there are allowances to assist with the costs associated. Information on these allowances and others can be found here or on the Department of Education's website.
Schools Of Distance Education – Loan Hire Scheme
The Loan Hire Scheme is now available at participating Schools of Distance Education throughout Queensland. This is an opt-in scheme available to K-12 geographically isolated students. Families can supplement the computer and broadband subsidies by hiring a laptop device from their SDE. The scheme provides the laptop device, backpack carry bag, mouse, and all relevant software. The benefits of hiring a laptop device through the Loan Hire Scheme include:
• The laptop device comes with all relevant software pre-installed;
• The device is fully supported by SDE technicians, who will receive priority service from the DET service centre;
• In the event the device needs repairs, a replacement will be sent immediately to ensure continuity;
• The device is replaced every 3 years.
Members are advised to contact their SDE if they would like more information around the scheme.
Distance Education Motions presented to State Conference
Distance Education motions from the past three State Conferences are available on this page.view
Distance Education Information Flyer
This flyer provides you with information regarding what this portfolio does for members - please feel free to download and share with your branch or community.view