As a member of the Isolated Children's Parents' Association within New South Wales you are actively helping our rural and remote children access the education and opportunities they deserve.
New South Wales have thirty-three member bodies and a State Council (ICPA - NSW) made up of representation of the all NSW branches. We are voluntary, non-profit, apolitical bodies dedicated to ensuring that all rural and remote students have equity of access to a continuing and appropriate education.
ICPA advocates for families educating children from early childhood through to tertiary. Children may be educated in small rural schools, by distance education, attend boarding schools or school term hostels and sometimes have access to early childhood services. Tertiary students, whether they are attending university or training for a trade, whose family home is in rural and remote Australia frequently must live away from home to access further education.
Membership to a ICPA - NSW branch entitles you to the following:
- Entitles you to take part in branch meetings and have a say in the issues that are important to you.
- Receiving branch news.
- State and Federal conference voting rights and attendance if nominated as a delegate by your branch (associated costs are paid for by your branch or the lone's branch).
- All members receive an invitation to attend the annual State and Federal Conferences. Those attending who have not been nominated as a branch delegate will need to cover their own costs.
- Free subscription to the quarterly Publications -- ICPA - NSW "The Top Wire" and the Federal ICPA "Pedals" magazines.
- A voice in your children's education.
All new members will receive a "New Member's Welcome Pack". If you haven't received yours please email the Membership Officer.
If you are already a member, please go to our membership renewal page.
By joining online, you agree that you are over the age of 18 and will abide by our Constitutions and By-Laws.