As a member of the Isolated Children's Parents' Association within South Australia you are actively helping our rural and remote children access the education and opportunities they deserve.
South Australia have eight member bodies and a State Council (SA ICPA) made up of representation of the all SA branches. We are voluntary, non-profit, apolitical bodies dedicated to ensuring that all rural and remote students have equity of access to a continuing and appropriate education.
ICPA advocates for families educating children from early childhood through to tertiary. Children may be educated in small rural schools, by distance education, attend boarding schools or school term hostels and sometimes have access to early childhood services. Tertiary students, whether they are attending university or training for a trade, whose family home is in rural and remote Australia frequently must live away from home to access further education.
Membership to a SA ICPA branch entitles you to the following:
- Entitles you to take part in branch meetings and have a say in the issues that are important to you.
- Receiving branch news.
- State and Federal conference voting rights and attendance if nominated as a delegate by your branch (associated costs are paid for by your branch or the lone's branch).
- All members receive an invitation to attend the annual State and Federal Conferences. Those attending who have not been nominated as a branch delegate will need to cover their own costs.
- Free subscription to the quarterly Publications -- SA ICPA "The Pipeline" and the Federal ICPA "Pedals" magazines.
- A voice in your children's education.
SA ICPA requires more information when renewing your membership. Once you have joined and created your account please log in and fill out the online form you will find.